|Umrah Air Travel Essentials , Umrah Tips and Important Advices|
Those who got a chance to go for Umrah should be glad that they are going for a jouney, Journey of life time, a Journey like none other! So they must prepare mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Allah says:“And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is At-Taqwa (piety, righteousness, etc.).So fear Me, O men of understanding!” (Quran 2:197)
So you should consider Taqwa as your first Umrah air travel essential and should start practicing it weeks before your journey. Here is a list of the Islamic things you should learn before going to Umrah.
- What is Umrah ? its history ,reward and importance.
- Why are we going to perform Umrah?
- How to perform Umrah, its pillars, obligatory and sunnah action. It is advised to read some relevant books, audio or video lectures.
- Learn the relevant dua’s and its etiquettes also buy a good book of duas to take for the jouney.
- Learn the things that violate the state of Ihram.
- Learn how to perform Janaza salah ,as there are a lot of janaza salahs in both the the Holy Mosques.
- Learn the rulings to the travellers prayer, rules of Tyammum, and rules of making Wudu over socks.
Umrah Air Travel Essentials- Things to do
- Make an Islamic Will, purify your heart and make pure intentions only to please Allah.
- Build on your Taqwaa try feeling that Allah is watching us so that you Stay away from all that He has forbidden.
- Constantly renew your intentions and ask yourself why you are going for Umrah, and keep reminding your heart that you are going to please Allah alone.
- Build on being patient, as it is very important.
- It's better to ask forgiveness from those whom we have been wrong.
Things to take / buy as your Umrah air travel Essentials
Below are some suggestions of things which you can take with you as Umrah Air travel essentials.
- Hand Luggage (Max 5kg), put a fluorescent tape /tag /ribbon attached to your bag to make it easily recognisable.
- You should have a pocket Qur'an or dua books with you, so that you don’t have to waste your time sitting idle at the airport.
- Keep your passport and ID card in your hand bag as you will have to show them at different places.
- You can wear Ihram from your home or can also change at the airport washroom.
- Don't put nail cutter or scissors etc in your hand bag, but do put them in a side pocket of your other luggage as you will need them after your umrah.
- Keep all the regular medicines you take.
- Try not to take any shampoo, soaps , lotions ,creams , deodorants etc as you can easily find all these things there.
- Keep your Passport inc visa, Photocopy of passport, Medical certificates – vaccinations and Emergency contact numbers safe in a folder.
Don’t forget to pack a bag of Taqwaa, Patience and your best of manners. You will soon be a guest of Allah at His House and only these are the things by which you can please Allah Allmighty!
Written By: Fareeha .